Shore Crossing Design – Reindeer Field Development
Quadrant Energy (formally Apache Energy) engaged Atteris to undertake the design of the 2 km, 16 inch diameter pipeline section across the shoreline for the Reindeer Gas Field Development, Northwest Shelf, Western Australia.
Work Performed by Atteris
Atteris’ scope of work included:
• Performing a geological engineering study of the selected area
• Develop a scope of work for a geotechnical survey
• Design the shore crossing, based on a horizontal directional drilling (HDD) solution; 1.85 km HDD section plus pipeline tail-end
• Pipeline design, including mechanical design, coating selection, CP design and hydrodynamic stability design
• Pipeline installation engineering assessment
• Provision of engineering input into the tender documents for construction
• Review of construction bids (technical elements)
• Provision of on-site engineering support during construction
The involvement from Atteris resulted in a cost-effective and successfully completed HDD shore crossing installation, and a pipeline section which can be safely and reliably operated.