Geotechnical engineering is always a major aspect on subsea and pipeline projects and operations.
Atteris is unique in the industry for its combined expertise in all aspects of subsea and pipeline engineering, including geotechnical engineering.
With Atteris working on your project, most geotechnical engineering aspects can be covered in-house, including:
- Geological engineering studies and assessments
- Scoping, managing and supervising geophysical and geotechnical survey programs for subsea and pipeline projects
- Management of geotechnical laboratory testing
- Definition of geotechnical design data
- Foundation designs for small to medium size structures, including pipeline crossings
- Seabed material scour and liquefaction assessments
- Trench-ability, drill-ability (HDD) and tunnel-ability assessments.
Work Performed by Atteris
Examples of major projects where Atteris engineers provided this service:
- Chevron Australia’s Wheatstone Project
- Woodside Energy’s Pluto LNG Project
- Quantum Energy’s Reindeer/Devil Creek Project
- Woodside Energy’s Otway Gas Project
- Woodside Energy’s Trunkline System Expansion Project
In addition, Atteris engineers have provided this service on numerous other small and medium size onshore and offshore projects.
Having the ability to rely on a single engineering consultancy for subsea, pipelines and geotechnical engineering removes an often complicated engineering interface. Old-style subsea and pipeline engineering houses require this interface with a geotechnical consultant out of necessity.
Atteris engineers do understand the limitations of their expertise and rely upon experts in the industry for highly complex geotechnical problems. They then have the ability to lead these specialists adequately due to their foundation geotechnical engineering expertise, in combination with the knowledge of the reason for the problem and what the solution to it should do.